Talking About Grief
Some things not to say to someone who is grieving:
- Time will heal.
- Don't worry, you'll get over it.
- Get on with your life, it's what he/she would have wanted.
- At least...
- You should...
- I know exactly what you're going through.
- He/she is with God/Jesus/etc.
- He/she is better off now.
Some things to say to someone who is grieving:
- How are you doing? (if you really want to hear)
- Silent attention.
- Would you like to... (go to lunch, see a movie, go shopping...)